Thursday 22 March 2012

Week 20

1. In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products? 
My media product is a Bhangra music magazine double page spread. My media product uses, develops and challenges forms and conventions of real media products.
I have placed my bhangra music magazine double page spread above. I have briefly annotated it with some of the codes and conventions I have used within it which is similar to other proffessional double page spreads. 

2. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?


My media product is a bhangra music magazine double page spread. Throughout the procoess of constructing this product i have learned many technologies. These consist of the following; organising the layers in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, locking and unlocking layers and editing my images within Adobe Photoshop using the Lasso tool. 


3. Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?
Within the preliminary task, I created only a front cover and contents page. But the codes and conventions to be used within the double page spread compared to the front cover and contents page overlap. This enables it to be easy to create a double page spread without having a first attempt as it is quite similar to the cover and contents page anyways, except this product consists of two pages. The conventions needed within this task is far less compared to cover and contents. In the double page spread, page numbers, links for fans/upcoming album or tour information, title of article/main story, images of main artist/icon and interview with artist/cover story is needed. Also as I think having an effective colour scheme and housestyle is necessary, I've added that also within my full product. Overall, progression towards the full product I have learned to allign my work better, and have a neat and clear layout so the reader can easily find information. Also a good layout enables the product to look better and gives it a professional touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment