Sunday 19 February 2012

Week 19

1. In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?
My media product is a Bhangra music magazine double page spread. My media product uses, develops and challenges forms and conventions of real media products.
I have place a double page spread on the left. This double page spread's layout inspired me as there is only two colours used in this; black and white, and the page still stands out and catches the readers eyes. This shows how effective it is and shows the importance of layout and allignment of text, because even after the text is placed over an image, it is placed so that the text can still be read by the audience clearly and still show that professional look. 

The double page spread on the right features madonna. This spread also has an inspirational layout as it is also based on two colours; black, white and has hints of red. This spread however has text on only one of the pages, and the other page is fully taken up by madonna's image. Adding a well known icon helps the article and spread be noticed and taken alike to, but the layout and colour scheme and text allignment is also very important within spreads.
 

Using these two professional products, and combining the idea's, I've come up with a hybrid. I will base my double page spread on two main colours like the first spread and insert two images also, except I will layout my 1st page of the spread like the second on this spread and the second as my first. Also like madonna's spread i will keep my spread simple but effective.  


2. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
My media product is a bhangra music magazine double page spread. I have learnt how to organise my work better. I have done this by using margins and guide lines within InDesign programme. This has enabled me to allign my work better and keep it neat and tidy.  

3.  Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?
Codes and conventions used within the double page spread compared to the front cover and contents page are similar. It is simpler to create a double page spread without having a first attempt as it is similar to the cover and contents page, except this product consists of two pages. The conventions needed within this task is far less compared to cover and contents. In the double page spread, page numbers, links for fans/upcoming album or tour information, title of article/main story, images of main artist/icon and interview with artist/cover story is needed. Overall, the progression towards the full product I have learned to allign my work better, and to have a neat and clear layout so that the reader can easily find information. Also a good layout enables the product to look better and gives it more of a professional touch. Effective images are very helpful as it aids the magazine be more visually attractive.  

No comments:

Post a Comment