Monday 30 January 2012

Week 18

1. In what ways are you designing your media product to use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

My media product is a bhangra music magazine double page spread.  It uses, develops and challenges forms and conventions of real media products.
On the left is part of a double page spread. This spread caught my eye as the design is very creative. From what I can see, there is a sort of timeline or background shadows showing different poses of the model, and one enlarged image shown in colour that pops right out and catches the readers eyes as thats the only bit of colour on the page. The rest of the magazine is black, white and grey therefore as thats the only bit where there is colour, makes the image stand out more. The text is all placed on the bottom half of the spread.   
 
On the right is another double page spread. This spread features the black eyes peas. In the image displayed here, is a similar pattern to the previous spread. Three of the artists here are shadowed down and only Will.I.Am is visible in colour and stands out from the rest. This may show he is the main man in the group, and may show his importance. Here however, the text is placed on the second page, on the right side of the page. 

My media product will also have the models images standing out, but maybe in a different way, in order to catch the readers eyes and show her importance and status within the music industry.
 
2. How are you designing your media product to represent particular social groups?

My media product is a bhangra music magazine double page spread. I am targetting both males and females of asian background. The age range may be from 15-45 years. I am designing my media product to represent these particular social groups by using bhangra related bright colours, culteral references and an eyecatching layout. My icon will represent asian people, and audience will be able to relate as she will be of an asian background too, and maybe around the same age range of the audience depending on their age.  a

3. How are you attracting/addressing your audience?

My media product is a bhangra music magazine double page spread. My audience are british/european of south asian descent. This means like my music magazine, my audience also have a western twist to them. This means they can relate to my whole magazine. I will attract/address my audience by adding a famous well known artist/icon within my spread. This will enable readers to want to read the story. I will also add album information and tour dates and email and online information of the artist. My audience most likely will be familiar with the internet so this will intrigue them further. Also  interview questions and answers will also draw in readers and artists fans also, they will want to know more about the artist and read on. Colours and layout is also an important factor to this, as it is visual and there needs to be something visual to attract the audience into reading the article or interview.  

No comments:

Post a Comment