Monday 30 January 2012

Week 15

1. In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?
My media product is a Bhangra Music magazine Contents page. It uses, develops and challenges forms and conventions of real media products.
On the left is a music magazine contents page. The music articles and page numbers are located on the left side of the page. This contents page is well organised and includes 4 images which are labelled. The pages are numbered, I will also include this within my contents page.  

On the right is a music magazine contents page. This page has a colour scheme of red, white and black. This page uses highlighting effects to help make the text stand out more, this is a really effective way and I may be able to use this within my magazine also as it will aid some of my text to stand out more also. It may also help the text appear more clear and readable.  


I've noticed both these contents pages include their magazine cover. Therefore I will include my magazine cover within my contents page. 

2. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
My media product  is a bhangra music magazine contents page. Throughout the construction of my product, I have learnt about technologies such as using Adobe Photoshop and mainly Adobe Indesign. Both these programmes have helped me create my product. I have learnt to use many tools within these programmes for example, in Adobe InDesign I have learned to make my images look better by selecting then right clicking the image and making it better high quality.   

3. Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?
My media product is a bhangra music magazine contents page. My preliminary task was to create a school/college magazine Contents page. I had recieved feedback on it, which has helped me progress my work and give me more knowledge on what I can do better to improve my contents page and future magazine contents pages I create. The feedback I have recieved from my preliminary task was very helpful.

images are very important and so is the content of the magazine. I have to plan ahead so in the long run I can link my images and articles together. Also more content was needed, and more tasters and other things in order to persuade the reader to be interested and actually want to flick through the magazine. I learnt about the imagery and how I need to use efficient and origional images in order to achieve a successful magazine contents page. As the contents page is "content", i have to make sure that those needs are satisfied too as well and include lots of information and images where needed. The layout is also very important, for it to be a good organised contents page. A good house style, a good colour scheme and image graphics, and fonts enables the cover to be more efficient and appealing. The colours used should resemble the theme or genre of the magazine. The imagery, and content are very important, and the preliminary task has helped me with the planning and helped me understand there is a lot of depth behind magazines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment