Monday 30 January 2012

Week 12

1. In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

This is my Bhangra music magazine front cover:

As you can see, I have listed the codes and conventions I have used within my magazine that proffessional products also use, which make my magazine the similar to professionally made asian magazines.

2. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
My media product is a Bhangra music magazine front cover. I have learnt to edit my images in the process of constructing this product. Before I used to edit my images using the quick select tool on Adobe Photoshop, but then throughout the process of creating my product I have found that using the Lasso tool is a far more of an effective way to edit my images. This tool was easier to use and my images looked way better edited when I used it, and I also had to remember and feather the edited parts everytime I used the lasso tool so the edges came out nice and smoothed out.   

3. Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

My preliminary task was to create a school/college magazine front cover. From what I have created, I have been given feedback. This helped me progress my work and give me more knowledge on what I can do better to improve my cover and future magazine covers I create. The feedback I have recieved from my preliminary task was very helpful. The title and Masthead, also my tagline was really good, as well as the mise-en-scene of the magazine. The cover lines were good, however next time i have to make my cover icon cover line stand out from the rest of the articles. The other thing I havn't included was the price, I had just left the barcode on the magazine, and I had not included any further sales information. my colour scheme was good but it clashed therefore the writing was hidden under the clothes. Another main thing I had to improve on was the main icon, the image and the photography, the graphics wasn't very good and it was quite pixelised. 

This gave me alot of insight as to what to think about when creating my music magazine front cover. It also helped me realise how my work would be graded and know from the beginning what i could do to make my work a really good standard.

Overall I learnt about the consistency of the house style and how this has a huge effect on the magazine. A good house style, a good colour scheme and image graphics, and fonts enables the cover to be more efficient and appealing. Also colours used should resemble the theme or genre of the magazine. It has helped me with the planning and helped me understand there is a lot of depth behind magazines and what it means and its resemblence. The layout is also very important, and should be done according to the theme of the magazine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment